Saturday, 2 June 2018

#1 learning method :)

Hi!
I'm gonna present you the first method how to learn new words in English quickly :D

THINGS YOU NEED:
  • a notebook/writing pad/phone notes
  • a pen/pencil/something to write
  • willingness (meaning: you want to do this and you have positive atitude about this)
  • clear mind :)
WHAT TO DO:
  1.  Prepare something to write.
  2. Any time you go outside or anywhere (it can be even in your own room) try to look around and see different things. Lets say that you saw a chair. You're thinking (in your language): Do I know how to say 'chair' in English?
  3. If the answer is yes, congratulations ;) and go look for other things.
  4. If the answer is no, write this word in your notebook in your language.
  5. Try to collect at least five words on your list (over time, you can increase (meaning: the number will be bigger and bigger and bigger...) this number).
  6. At the end of the day, when your list is ready, check in the dictionary (it can be online of course) how are those words in English.
  7. Then, on the next page of your notebook, write words in English and next to them their explanations also in English (you can imagine that you have to explain what those words mean, to a person that doesn't know your language and you have to explain in English).
  8. Do it every day and read your previous words and explanations, so you can solidify (meaning: make it stronger and better) your knowledge.
EXAMPLE:
  • chair - something you can sit on; near the table 
  • grass - grows out of the ground and is green
  • flower - grows out of a ground, colourful, smells well
  • fence - usually around a house, made of wood
  • flat - something you can live in, usually in a town/city; block of flats

I hope you like my idea/this method :)
I will be using this method too and every week or every day (I haven't decided yet) I will share with you my lists of words and their meanings.

Bye! :) Have a nice day!
Alina

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORYTIME! ;)

Hello! I was thinking lately, why not to write funny (sometimes a little bit scary) stories on this blog and emphasize useful words and phr...